Like other folk schools, the Ely Folk School is an independent and self-governing non-profit organization. While class tuition covers some of the costs, donations are a key source of revenue. The Ely Folk School is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization eligible to receive tax-deductible donations.
Click the tab below for information on the type of membership you are interested in (Individual or Business):
Individual & Family Memberships
Show your love for the Ely Folk School by becoming a member! In return for your annual support you’ll receive discounts on tuition and events and an EFS sticker. All donations of $25 or more qualify for EFS membership.
- $25 Student/Military/Senior
- $40 Friend
- $100 Family Partner – includes $10 voucher for class tuition (not materials)
- $200 Patron – includes $20 voucher for class tuition (not materials)
- $500 Benefactor – includes $50 voucher for class tuition (not materials)
- $1000 Visionary – includes $100 voucher for class tuition (not materials)
You may also make a recurring monthly donation of any amount (minimum of $10) per month that would be automatically debited from your credit card or bank account.
How to Become a Member
Business Annual Membership
The Ely Folk School not only builds community, we also build businesses by offering a regional amenity that draws thousands of visitors to Ely’s downtown core where shops, eateries and lodging facilities will benefit from folk school foot traffic. Do your business proud by supporting a program that will benefit Ely’s economy.
- $100 Business Partner – recognition for contribution on our website and in annual report, window cling to display proudly at your business
- $500 Benefactor – all of the above plus your business will be included as an EFS “recommended business” in all Ely Folk School email newsletters
- $1000 Visionary – all of the above plus your logo in our class catalog and your business name will be permanently displayed on our Donor Wall of Fame
You may also make a recurring monthly donation of a minimum of $10 per month that would be automatically debited from your credit card or bank account. Level of membership will be assessed on an annual basis.