The Ely Folk School is honored to partner with local ceramic artists Wade Pharr of Pharr Thrown Pottery and Nina Wray of Moon Dog Studio.
Our freshly renovated studio is available to the public for monthly memberships. Our studio provides the space and equipment for aspiring and established clay artists to expand their skills and inventory. Membership fees will cover the cost of daily access to our sun-lit studio, which is complete with six electric wheels, two electric kick wheels, a slab roller, and an electric kiln. Our studio coordinators provide kiln loading and unloading services, clay recycling, material sales, and office hours.
Understanding the diverse needs of artists in our community, there are two different membership options. One is a full studio membership, which includes 24/7 access to all equipment in the studio. The other membership is a firing membership, for those who have their own workspaces but no kiln.
All about studio membership
- Monthly memberships start at $160
- Monthly memberships cost $140 when you commit to at least three months
- One-time orientation and set-up fee of $50
- Glaze firings are priced by size of piece
24/7 access to the studio and its equipment. Free bisque firings. Free glazes. Ample shelf space. Ability to purchase clay at bulk cost from the EFS Ceramics Studio. Ability to purchase space in glaze firings. 20% discount on all EFS Ceramics Classes
All about firing membership
- Monthly memberships cost $20 – this reserves shelf space and administrative records for you
- One-time orientation and set-up fee of $25
- Bisque and Glaze firings are priced by size of piece
- 20% discount on all EFS Ceramics Classes