The Ely Folk School is an experiential learning school focusing on traditional crafts and skills associated with Northern Minnesota’s heritage. We offer short-courses and events for folks of all ages involving hands-on, cooperative learning in a non-competitive environment. A key and cherished component of our school is nurturing community. When you participate in a class or event you help build community by joining other curious individuals to share interests, ideas and experiences.
Like other folk schools, the Ely Folk School is an independent and self-governing non-profit organization. While class tuition covers some of the costs, donations are a key source of revenue. The Ely Folk School is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization eligible to receive tax-deductible donations.
Click the appropriate tab below for information on the type of membership you are interested in:
Individual & Family Memberships
Show your love for the Ely Folk School by becoming a member! In return for your annual support you’ll receive discounts on tuition and events and an EFS sticker. All donations of $25 or more qualify for EFS membership.
- $25 Student/Military/Senior
- $40 Friend
- $100 Family Partner – includes $25 voucher for EFS merchandise or class tuition (not materials)
- $200 Patron – includes $50 voucher for EFS merchandise or class tuition (not materials)
- $500 Benefactor – includes $125 voucher for EFS merchandise or class tuition (not materials)
- $1000 Visionary – includes $250 voucher for EFS merchandise or class tuition (not materials)
You may also make a recurring monthly donation of a minimum of $10 per month that would be automatically debited from your credit card or bank account.
How to Become a Member
Business Annual Membership
The Ely Folk School not only builds community, we also build businesses by offering a regional amenity that draws thousands of visitors to Ely’s downtown core where shops, eateries and lodging facilities will benefit from folk school foot traffic. Do your business proud by supporting a program that will benefit Ely’s economy.
- $100 Business Partner – recognition for contribution on our website and in annual report, window cling to display proudly at your business
- $500 Benefactor – all of the above plus your business will be included as an EFS “recommended business” in all Ely Folk School email newsletters
- $1000 Visionary – all of the above plus your logo in our class catalog and your business name will be permanently displayed on our Donor Wall of Fame
You may also make a recurring monthly donation of a minimum of $10 per month that would be automatically debited from your credit card or bank account. Level of membership will be assessed on an annual basis.